These bbq pork chops are ready in just 30-minutes, plus they are super tender, tasty, and juicy when slathered in Fat Boy Haugwash BBQ Sauce. Amazingly juicy and tender, Use these pork chops to become your go-to for all the cookouts.
By my own cooking as a gauge, I’m guessing pork isn’t one of your go-to meats either. Chicken, salmon, steak we eat all the time; pork though, is a favorite for me. When cooked correctly, pork can be just as juicy, tender, and tasty as any other meat.
Tender pork: Buying thick-cut pork chops ensures a tender, juicy, chop on the grill.
Great BBQ flavor: Adding Fat Boy Haugwash BBQ sauce to both sides of the pork chops while grilling sears in its delicious flavor all around.
How to Make It:
Grilling the pork chops
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and oil the grates.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with Rub Some Butt seasoning
- Put the pork chops on the grill, cooking for 2-3 minutes on the first side, then turn them over and brush some BBQ sauce on the tops and sides. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops again, brushing the BBQ sauce all over the tops and sides again. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Once the pork chops are done (internal temperature should reach 140 and no more pink should be visible in the pork chops’ center), take the pork chops off the grill.
- Allow the meat to rest on a plate or cutting board, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the juicy grilled pork chops with the remaining BBQ sauce if desired.
How Long Do Pork Chops Take to Grill?
These ultra-juicy pork chops take about 20 minutes or so to grill. Thin-sliced pork chops will take less time, about 10 minutes. We want to give adequate time for the BBQ sauce to permeate and sear into the meat as well as enough time for the middle of the thick chops to lose its pink color.
How Do You Grill Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out?
The key to cooking pork chops without drying them out is to cook them more slowly over medium heat, turning infrequently, basting with sauce, and letting them rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into them.
- Allow meat to rest on a plate or cutting board — covered — for at least 5 minutes before serving. This is KEY to keeping the pork chops nice and juicy.
- For the best cut of pork, I buy boneless loin chops. They are easy to find at most grocery stores or butchers. (You can always ask at the meat counter if you don’t see what you are looking for.) If you ask a butcher, you can also get them cut to your preferred thickness.
We have partnered with Omaha Steaks for our meats and Cheese Brothers for our Cheeses. Great quality and home delivery. Give them a look!
Omaha Steaks Summertime Deal: get 50% OFF sitewide plus an EXTRA 10% OFF & FREE shipping.
CHEESE BROTHERS - Fine Cheeses and gifts
Remember to view our other great recipes!